PrestatynFlowerShow.co.uk - Policy Documentation.
Last reviewed: November, 2017
Welcome to www.PrestatynFlowerShow.co.uk!
Our website exists primarily to provide a professional and informative platform upon which to promote Prestatyn's annual Flower Show and we intend this to be a friendly place for visitors to enjoy!
Like all such responsible websites, we provide a list of Guidelines which exist to make sure that you know what you can expect when using our website, to reduce any possible confusion and to make sure you know what we expect from you, in return for using our service.
Important. Please read the following guidelines carefully.
Our Guidelines and Terms of Service are available at all times and should be considered to all reasonable intents and purposes binding. You agree to comply with our policies at all times, even if only to browse.
Our website Staff
Staff (Moderators and Administrators) kindly donate their time and experience on a voluntary basis, helping to moderate and improve our website and facilities.
Our aim is to provide a harmonious and fun environment to discuss and learn more about Prestatyn Flower Show.
Registration is free, quick and easy!
Guests (non-registered Members) are welcome to browse Prestatyn Flower Show, however completion of our Registration process is required to post content, comments and use our community software's more advanced features.
IMPORTANT: You must register with a correct, legitimate email address to which you have access so that you can reply to our validation email and be approved, if necessary, as a genuine account by our Administrators.
Should you wish, your email address may then be used to advise you of Reply Notifications and PM (Personal Message alerts) if you have communicated with other Members. You can opt out of or enable these facilities should you wish, at any time in your Settings.
Please note that your privacy is very important to us, we do not 'spam' Members email accounts or pass any details on to any third party.
We may send out the occasional newsletter type email and if you subscribe to content you will receive an email notification letting you know that the content or comment you are watching has received a reply.
We have implemented the following common sense guide for using our community software. This guide is designed to strike a balance between the main goal, discussing Prestatyn Flower Show and its related subject matter, and keeping the relaxed and welcoming atmosphere of our website.
We reserve the right at any time without notice to edit, amend, add to or discontinue Board Rules and Guidelines, Terms of Service etc.
Everyone's opinion is welcome. We require that all posts, messages and content be fair, constructive, and on topic unless posted in an off-topic area. We may delete, edit or move individual posts and content.
We reserve the right to remove any content we deem harmful, non-conducive, illegal, inappropriate or disruptive.
Having fun is good, we like fun! We do not censor reasonable opinions or ideas on our website but we do take action at our discretion against posts, messages and/or comments that could cause unrest beyond a civil and polite disagreement, or which we believe to contravene our policies, and hence we reserve the right to decide what is on topic and what is off topic.
You may not make personal attacks on other users or Staff Members either in public forums, by email or personal messages.
You may not use profanity. It is unprofessional and offensive and will not be tolerated. We have word filters in place for the most vulgar terms. Circumventing our bad language word filters is not permitted.
You may not advertise or promote other companies, communities or organisations or their facilities which may compete with Prestatyn Flower Show without our prior consent.
We reserve the right to ban and to use any facilities which our software provides to protect our website against any member who violates our guidelines or disrupts our community. We will be fair and provide warning in most cases.
We reserve the right to remove or modify our features, services or to close this website down. No guarantee is provided.
If you have an issue concerning our website services, policies, or staff, please use a personal contact method such as a private message or email via the contact links to a Staff member. All members of Staff such as Moderators and Administrators are highlighted in the Active Members list. We will take all serious, genuine complaints to heart and will do our best to address them where necessary and appropriate.
The Golden Rules!
1. Profanity. There will be no excessive use of profanity. Please keep foul language to a minimum, any excessive un-called for language will be removed and you will receive a final warning.
2. Discrimination. There will be no racial, ethnic, sexual or gender based insults or any other personal discriminations.
3. Don't feed the trolls. There will be no posts meant to offend or hurt any other member, in a manner which is offensive, troublesome or inflammatory. There will be no 'flame-baiting' or 'troll-like' behaviour.
4. Spamming is not permitted; please keep all your posts as constructive as possible. Short, non-constructive posts are considered spam, for example posts that contain only smilie (emoticons), and may be deleted. Please note that should we choose to conduct a statistical recount, sometimes Members' post counts may be lower than before.
5. Illegal and unwanted content. Pornography, warez, bootleg or illegal copies or downloads of retail products, movies, music, television, software or any other illegal transactions may NOT be posted or linked to in any shape or form.
6. Submitted Content. All posts and content (text, images, multi-media etc) that you may submit, supply or have supplied is considered your responsibility. Once submitted, content may or may not be removed at the discretion of our website staff even if you choose to no longer use our website or your Membership is removed. When you provide any content of any nature, such content is deemed free to store or use at any time, in any way by this website unless agreed otherwise. Do not submit content which you do not own without first crediting the owner/website and where necessary obtain the required permission. This forum and all web sites owned in conjunction with this forum have the right to request alteration or deletion of any offensive post or Topic. Posts may be deleted or edited for any reasons the Forum Administrators and Moderators deem reasonable. External websites included or displayed within a post or message content by way of an Inline Frame, always remain the property and ownership of the original website. We are not responsible for and do not lay claim in any way to external content.
7. Pictures and Images. Pictures or images may be posted as long as they are not sexually explicit or offensive. Erotic images may be submitted where appropriate. If you plan to post more than one image, or the topic is based on graphics, please link the images rather than uploading them. Most Members have an attachment upload facility which ranges in size dependant upon their Member Group. We also have an Image Gallery where you may be able to upload content. You are responsible for using this wisely and in accordance with our guidelines.
8. Signatures and Dynamic Signatures. Signatures may contain non-offensive images, but may not be any larger than a generous size of 500px width by 200px height. If your signature is larger than the allotted size given or is deemed unacceptable by staff, you will be requested by a moderator to resize or change your image but we may be able to assist with this on your behalf. Please also try and keep text signatures under 10 lines and be considerate if you are using a combination of image and lines of text (place the images inline/adjacent to each other to save vertical space). Failing to comply with a moderator's request will result in the removal of your signature. We do no allow Dynamic Signatures (see below) but not versions such as signature banners which collect and display information such as a Members IP address, operating system, browser etc due to past concerns relating to privacy and security. Examples of acceptable Dynamic Signatures are ones that display what music you are listening to on your computer, your X-Box Gamertag etc. If you wish to use a Dynamic Signature and are unsure, please contact us with details first. There is a maximum of 3 images permitted within a signature, if you use multiple images, either ensure they are in-line or do not exceed about 10 lines of average size text. The maximum height for signature images is 200px, this does not mean you can place up to three 200px tall pictures on 3 different lines as your signature would be massive, but you could for example, have three up to 200px tall images in a horizontal row, or you could have 3 50px tall images in a vertical line which would be under 200px total height.
9. Advertising. Advertising, commercial-related or competing websites are all forbidden in any relation to your account. If you have a query about linking to your site or including a banner in your signature, please consult a Staff Member. We will always support the development and availability of other Prestatyn related and non-commercial websites on a case by case basis.
10. Topics and Replies. Remember the difference between Replying and Quoted Replying. Using the Quoted Reply button instead of the normal Reply button will include a quote of the original post in with your reply and this may be unsightly or unnecessary. Remember to post in the correct forum. Take your time to look at other topics and see where your topic should go. If your topic is placed in the wrong forum or your reply contains full or unnecessary quotes of previous messages, it will be moved by a Moderator. Our Staff routinely move a large number of topics per day without comment but should not be expected to do this all the time.
11. Topic Moderation. If a topic is recognized as being posted in the wrong forum, or if the post is a violation of our guidelines then please contact a moderator either via PM or the 'Report Post to Moderator' feature; please do not respond publicly to the member - a member of Staff will do what is required upon contact. Any person/s who attempt to present themselves as a Moderator by posting negatively to a member's topic (which has been posted in error and requires locking or moving to another forum) will be sent a PM warning and placed into moderation queue upon further actions.
12. Any impersonation of a user or Staff Member from these forums or website, in any mode of communication, is strictly prohibited and will result in a banning and other possible responsive action.
13. Topics and Posts are reviewed regularly to reduce page clutter. If you have a question about where your topic went, please PM a Moderator or Administrator before starting a new topic asking where it went, or posting a duplicate of the original topic. We will be happy to provide you with a link to the new location, or a reason why it was locked and/or removed.
14. External Links. If you are linking to external content, you should link directly to that content. It is unacceptable to use link-thru systems to mask the originating URL except for services designed to make shorter URL's, and cases where this is found to be happening may be edited or removed as appropriate. Always give credit to the content owner or website name/address where possible.
15. Copyrighted Material. Removal requests of Copyrighted or Trademarked material will be considered and where necessary or agreed, complied with as soon as possible within a reasonable time frame. We operate this website is good faith and respect the copyright of others at all times where legitimate. Such requests should be addressed to the website staff via our contact page
16. Banned Topics. There will be no discussion or submitted content along the themes of Religion or Politics. You agree not discuss or debate aspects of Faith, Religion, Belief Systems or Politics as this all too often proves to be disruptive to community websites and can cause unnecessary confrontation and friction between our members.
17. Product URL's. We reserve the right to replace should we deem appropriate, any links (URL's or hyperlinks) to websites or suppliers with which we may have a referral agreement or affiliate programme. This is to protect sources of income used to better our facilities and assist in the financing of our web hosting or related costs.
18. We will remove or edit any non-legitimate links or discussion which does not support official licensed products. Thank you for your understanding.
19. Troublesome Users. Disruptive Members who fail to comply with the Rules and Guidelines or Terms of Service may be warned on up to three occasions at the discretion of our Staff or may receive an immediate removal and possible ban from this website and its domain/s. We do not tolerate 'Trolls', 'Flamers', Flame-baters or other nuisance value Members who aim to destroy or hamper the website experience of our regular users. We also reserve the right to suspend, remove or ban accounts which are inactive or used to read content and never submit reasonable content.
We reserve the right to ban at any time and/or use any facilities which our software provides to protect our website against any member who violates our guidelines or disrupts our community. We will be fair and provide warning in most cases. Your statutory rights are not affected and your Privacy is important to us. For more information, please see our Privacy Statement.
We reserve the right to at any time either move such banned Members to a Banned Member Group (which may or may not be published) with restricted access and permissions. We reserve the right to delete or suspend such any Member or put any Member in a 'Moderation Queue' so that any submitted material must be approved by Moderator prior to being published on our website. This includes content submitted within any of our websites facilities.
We reserve the right to collect your IP address and use it with the possible addition of your email address and ISP information to aid in the possible suspension, investigation, or banishment of your account or yourself as a User of our service.
Emails sent through the Board may be logged by default for security reasons. However stored emails are not accessible to anyone except Administrator level staff and are routinely removed by an automated process. We reserve the right to review any logged emails sent through our Board to make sure that no abuse of our service has occurred, particularly if an email has been sent through our website by a 'flagged' Member or in the case of a complaint. If in any doubt, do not use the Board's email service to contact other Members but email them privately.
- By using this website, or if you have been 'banned' or 'warned', you agree not to attempt to circumvent the security or infrastructure of this website or its facilities in any way including agreement NOT to re-register under a different username, email address or IP address. You agree not to make attempts to do this, or maintain intimidation, coerce or harass a third party or Member of our website (Staff or otherwise) or misuse or release private data, not to make libellous or slanderous remarks or statements.
You agree at all times now or in the future not to post or transmit defamation of character, infringement of rights, impersonate, commit fraud or deceit, not to make use of others to achieve the prior, or conduct such or similar activities on behalf of another party to achieve such goals. You agree not to involve any of our Staff Members or Website owners or be representative in any form of legal action. We reserve the right in such cases to contact your ISP, local Law Enforcement Agency, Police or Federal Authority by way of an official complaint or to seek advice which may result is the loss of service to you and/or financial, punitive damages and/or costs. Your statutory legal rights are not affected.
Violation of any of these rules will result in consequences determined on a case-by-case basis at the discretion of our Staff Team.
That said, thank you for choosing to visit Prestatyn Flower Show and we hope you enjoy your stay!