2019 PRESTATYN FLOWER SHOW REGULATIONS
PLEASE READ THE SCHEDULE AND REGULATIONS CAREFULLY
FAILURE TO COMPLY MAY LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION
- All classes in the show are open to amateur exhibitors only.
- An exhibitor may have not more than TWO exhibits in each class.
- All Flower, Herbaceous and Vegetables (including Junior Classes) must be the property of the exhibitor and must have been in his or her possession for at least 3 MONTHS prior to the show.
- All entrants in the Junior classes must declare their age on the entry form.
- A Novice is a person who has not won a first prize in a floral category at any show prior to the current year.
- Crafts must have been made in the last 12 months.
Entries to class 66, 87 & 91 by Friday 19th July 2019.
Class 88, 89 & 90 by Monday 8th July 2019.
ALL others close at 5.00pm on Wednesday 24th July 2019.
- The Judges will take into consideration the quality of the exhibit and in respect of plants/flowers the quality of the blooms and foliage.
- Once staged, an exhibit must not be moved without the consent of the show secretary.
- The Judges have the authority to award, withhold or amend prizes; their decision is final in all matters.
- All exhibits must be clearly labeled with the section and class on a sealed envelope containing the competitor’s name and address. Please indicate on the envelope if you wish the exhibit to be auctioned for charity.
- ALL PLANTS ARE TO BE IN AN APPROPRIATE CONTAINER WITH A SAUCER
- Staging of exhibits may only take place between 7.00 p.m. and 8.00 p.m. on Thursday 25th July 2019 and between 8.00 a.m. and 10.00 a.m. on Friday 26th July 2019. Entries brought outside these times will not be accepted.
- Judging will commence at 10.30 a.m. prompt on Friday 26th July 2019. All persons other than Judges, Show Secretaries and Stewards must leave the marquees whilst judging is in progress.
- Winners of perpetual trophies shall hold them for 11 months and should ensure that they are returned to the Show Secretary not later than Wednesday 1st July 2020.
- Whilst every precaution will be taken the committee does not hold itself responsible for any loss or damage to exhibits, accessories or personal belongings, before, during or after the show.
- Entrance Fees 25 pence per entry for each class, Junior classes 10 pence per entry, Classic cars - free.
- No exhibit to be removed before the end of the auction or 5 p.m. on Saturday 27th July 2019, which ever is the later.
- DURING THE AUCTION, NO ENTRY IS PERMITTED INTO THE ADJACENT SHOW TENT TO COLLECT EXHIBITS OR FOR ANY OTHER REASON without the consent of the Show Secretaries.
- Any exhibit not collected by 6.00 p.m. on Saturday 27th July 2019 or one hour after the end of the auction, whichever is the later will be disposed of at the discretion of the show secretaries.
- No livestock may be incorporated into any exhibit.
- All prize money not claimed during the show may be claimed from the Show Secretary at “Bon”, 121, High Street Prestatyn until Tuesday 6th August 2019 unless prior arrangements have been made. After that unclaimed prizes will be donated to a charity chosen by the Show Secretaries.
- The Show Secretaries will deal with any matters not provided for in these regulations and their decision is final.